Thursday, November 18, 2010

Project #3

I haven't really identified a problem as of today.  I have ideas, like learning dates and places of historical events or learning vocab in an ESL class.  I think Smartboards would be useful because the students could do things themselves.  It would be helpful to draw a timeline on a Smartboard and then the next day, have the students put the events in the correct order on the Smartboard.  This can be done on a regular whiteboard or chalkboard, but it takes less time and effort if it is done on a Smartboard.  The same is true for vocabulary.  There could be pictures and words and the students would have to match up the two by themselves on the Smartboard.

A Smartboard would be useful because the work is saved on the computer and can be easily accessible with the click of a button instead of having to take classroom time to tape everything on the whiteboard.  The students are able to have more time to learn because it is less "setting up" time and they are able to interact which helps most people learn better.

I haven't decided if this would be my final decision but I know I will be working by myself and would only be doing this project for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment