Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blog Post #10

  • I have used technology to research different historical topics for papers and then also for fun.  Sometimes, it is fun to just type something into google and see what pops up and then study it.
  • I have used facebook to talk to some of my classmates, and then also the Discussion Board on Blackboard.  Now, in this class, we use blogs, which I never thought I would do.
  • In my classroom, I think I will help my students understand the importance of finding acceptable sources for research and I think it would be fun to have them research a historical person and create a blog for that person. I don't know all the details of such a project because I just thought of it, but I think it would be pretty cool to read everyone's blogs. I also found this new website that I will definitely require my students to use. It is the website I am going to use for my final project, so I won't spill the beans just yet.
  • I have learned about different types of technology in this class. Getting on the computer is not my favorite thing in the world to do, so I usually just stick with what I know. I have learned about Blogs, PLN's (although I still don't really understand them, nor do I have the time to keep up with them), copyright laws, and much more that I simply can't think of right now.
  • I really like the idea of searching blogs for teaching ideas and then also using it for a project for my students. I haven't really thought of details, and it is hard to take the time to look into it because my focus is on graduating, not planning lessons for a class, but I know I will make time in the future to research these and plan better.

No comments:

Post a Comment