Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Skyping with Chris

Before I knew this was the assignment we were supposed to do, I did it!  I had missed last class because I was in Dallas for my sister's wedding.  My boyfriend couldn't come with me, so we just talked on the phone for the first night that I was away.  The second day, I was feeling really down, so one of my sisters suggested I Skype him.  After cleaning everything up for the wedding, Chris and I skyped.  He was messing around with his computer and kept taking funny snapshots of me, so I wanted to get one of him too.  I had no idea what I was doing, but I took a photo of him on my step-mom's computer.  Unfortunately, since I didn't look at the assignment, I don't have the photo as proof, but I'm sure Gina could vouch for me. 

Anyways, Chris and I skyped for over an hour, till he had to take an online test.  The video was pretty clear, but kept freezing up...but that might also have been because we started playing a game, where one freezes to make the other think their computer froze, when really it didn't.  Silly, I know, but it made us both laugh.
I actually didn't like skyping simply because I felt it was torturous to see him but not be near him or hold his hand.  I don't think we will skype again unless we are apart for a longer period of time. 

I can see some benefits of using it in a classroom, but if I can't be in the classroom, there must be some reason for not having time...so I don't think I would have the time to be in live video.  Perhaps my students could use it if they are sick, to tune into the classroom and still get the same lecture and participate without infecting everyone else, but I see no other point to using it in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment