Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Copyright

Sorry guys,

This is going to be a little short because I'm going out of town in a couple of hours and am too excited to really focus.  But before I watched our little video on copyrights, I knew you could only take a little bit, or a percentage of something.  In high school, my BCIS teacher taught us this, but I had forgotten about it till now.  In addition to being reminded about this, I learned that copyrights can enter the public domain but that it takes a long time to get there.  I thought this was interesting but am too impatient to wait for things to get there and then copy them, so I think I'll just stick to following the copyright rules.

3 comments:

  1. There are a lot of really cool things in the public domain that I've found useful. Classic books, classical music. While it does stink that we will pretty much not live to see some of our favorite music or books find themselves in the public domain, we can at least find some stuff that we like that's there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll just stick to copyright rules too. Too much media use makes me feel kind of lazy as a teacher? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete