Tuesday, September 7, 2010

About Me

My name is Julie Winfree and I am from Lewisville, Texas (20 minutes from Dallas).  I come from a large family of eleven children and then four step-siblings.  I love being from Texas and having a large family, although not to the point where I will hang a Texas flag or have a large family myself.  I am majoring in History Teaching with a minor in TESOL K-12--Bilingual-Spanish.  I am a history nerd (yes, I admit it) and read biographies for fun.  This past summer I read books about the Mountain Meadows Massacre, a biography of Anne Boleyn, and am currently reading Queen Elizabeth's biography.  I also love to sing, dance and play sports, all of which I do when I am really stressed out.  I love to work hard and have been working with my hands since I was six-years-old.  I currently work in the Cougareat as a Student Manager and Lead Crew Supervisor over Freschetta.  I tell everyone this is the best job in the Cougareat, but I believe that a job is what you make it--if you want it to be fun, it will be; if its just a job to you, then it won't be as great.

I am new to blogging and don't completely understand all of the benefits of using one, but I am excited to learn and experiment with this one.  I think it is a good way to share one another's thoughts about the class and to get help on assignments.  We can help each other with feedback on projects and also collaborate ideas.  Since this is a technology class, it is good to experiment and learn to use different types of technology to get a better feel of what is in the world.

4 comments:

  1. this is a really cool background... and i totally agree about the job theory! I think that applies to every aspect of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you hook a poor guy up with some lunch every once in a while? If not... no worries! Looking forward to more cool posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I don't know if I've ever met a Texan that wasn't proud to be so. I love it. Also, I wrote a paper on the Mountain Meadows Massacre last year and was very intrigued by it. I love your excitement for reading and learning! We are all nerds together :)

    ReplyDelete